Wednesday, January 3

Happy 2018


A Very Good Year

The month of December has come to a close
the weather has brought a new blanket of snow
Christmas has faded from Rudolph’s red nose
looks like it’s time for the new year.

To the party we go with our friends in tow
faces aglow and dressed in our best
jollification where ever we go
looks like it’s time for the new year.

Champagne is flowing as midnight draws near
resolutions are made as we watch the ball drop
we raise up our glasses to toast to good cheer
that this New Year, be a very good year!

© Rebecca Sanchez 2011


I've posted this poem before but it begged to be repeated. I am happy for the chance for another year. 2017 was unreal! So many famous people died that I cared about and grew up with.
  • Jerry Lewis
  • Chester Bennington
  • Tom Petty
  • Jim Nabors
  • David Cassidy
  • Fats Domino
  • Della Rese
  • Martin Landau
and many more. Getting older is like this, more and more people dropping off while you inch near the edge....

Happy New Year! Hahahahahaha! (I posted this late because I forgot even though our blogs have a scheduler.)


Walking Through Doors

The doorway arrived in the nick of time
at the stroke of midnight before the first fireworks
wide open, brightly illuminated and full of promise
on the brink, I took my departure.

New doors open to us throughout life
some require keys before opening
some demand a pound or two of flesh
a lesson learned, an entrance earned.

Sometimes we balk at the opening
without realizing we’re on a new threshold
like not recognizing the dawn of a new day
letting that door slam shut in our faces.

Cooling our heals in the vestibule
aware and anxious to make our emergence
an unmarked exit opens to the unknown
that first step can be a real bitch!

© Rebecca Sanchez 2018

Wrote this today it's about doorways with New Years hinted in it. Have a nice week, it begins!

4 comments:

  1. Your wonderland has a special place in my heart as well, friend Bekkie ... always has and always will ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! Have a nice week.

      Delete
    2. Tried to reply on your other blog but it wouldn't let me ... o well, at least I have Bekkie in Wonderland ... smiles ... Love, cat.

      Delete
    3. If you leave a comment as anonymous it should let you do it without a WordPress account. I'm so happy you stopped by! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete

Bekkie's Wonderland has been around for decades now, it used to be at MySpace until I moved it to Blogger. I've covered a plethora of subjects but due to its longevity and changes in the internet it's age is showing (as is mine.) I hope you will enjoy as I gently bring it up to date moving towards the uncertain future.