Friday, March 30

Musical Jello

Screen%20shot%202012-03-29%20at%2011_16_17%20AM

The creators of this video and project describe it as a "game," which it isn't, really, but it is really, really cool: you make a sort of extra-firm Jello-like product by mixing water, agar, and some food coloring (optional, but why wouldn't you want your final product to be blue or pink?) in a mold. After it firms up, you put it on the "game board," actually a capacitive sensor with an embedded Arduino microprocessor, which detects different kinds of touch on the Jello mold and converts it into Theremin-like noises. Fun (and a little appetizing)! Watch the video it’s so awesome.

Down Dot Arrow

I got this video and post from Popsci.
 

 
Isn’t this the coolest, just like Jello? I’d love to try it sometime but it sure is fun to watch! It even makes me hungry…tee hee!
 
Don’t forget, there’s always room for musical Jello!
 

So today is Friday and I hope your weekend is full of whatever you enjoy doing!

TGIF, Ahhhhhh

 

Woo Hoo Keep On Bloggin’!

6 comments:

  1. jervaise brooke hamster3/30/2012 12:10:00 PM

    Jello ! ?, you mean Jelly, strawberrys my favorite flavour. By the way, i like the gorgeous cartoon chick whos dancing next to the words "WOOHOO", what a little darlin`.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in the US we call it Jello (a long time brand name) and although they call it jelly in the video (the French did this) it's still just like Jello. It's really called gelatin as the proper generic name. Here, jelly is something you spread on toast as in a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich so I called it Jello. The only difference is there is no sugar in it. I'm glad you like the dancing cartoon chick, but now I'm jealous! (Just kidding!) Big hugs and take care.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it? A very different idea from the French and it looks like great fun doesn't it? Thanks for commenting and have a good weekend Horst!

      Delete
  3. I have never been a fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ... but the Jello Chick is cute, Bekkie ... thanks for making me smile ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can always make you smile my good friend! Big hug for you!

      Delete

I hope you like the geekiness and topics that I write about in Wonderland. Let me know by leaving me a comment so I write more. Thank you for coming!