1. Longest English Word: Praetertranssubstan tiationalistical ly has 37 letters.
2. A Book Without The Letter "e": GADFY, written by Earnest Wright in 1939 is a 50,000+ word book, which doesn't contain a single word with the letter 'e' in it.
3. Words Without Vowels: Rhythm, Sky, Fry & Cry
4. Human Brain: Is an organ in our body which feels no pain nor has no sensation when cut.
5. Crocodile: Only animal & reptile which sheds tears while eating. Hence, “crocodile tears.”
6. Number of alphabets, which sound as words: They are;
7. Fascinating Animals, Birds & Trees:
♦ Snails have 14,175 teeth laid along 135 rows on their tongue.
♦ A butterfly has 12,000 eyes.
♦ Dolphins sleep with one eye opened.
♦ A Blue Whale can eat as much as 3 tons of food everyday, but at the same time can live without food for 6 months.
♦ The earth has over 12,000,000 species of animals, 3,00,000 species of plants & 1,00,000 other species.
♦ The most fierce dinosaur was tyrannosaurs which had sixty long & sharp teeth, used to attack & eat other dinosaurs.
♦ Demetrio was a mammal like reptile with a snail on its back. This acted as a radiator to cool the body of the animal.
♦ Cassowary is one of the most dangerous birds, that can kill a man or animal by tearing off the flesh with its dagger like claws.
♦ The swan has over 25,000 feathers on it’s body.
♦ The ostrich eats pebbles to help digestion by grinding up the indigested food.
♦ Polar bears can look clumsy and slow but during a chase on ice, can reach up to 25 miles per hour.
♦ Kiwis are the only birds which hunt by sense of smell.
♦ Elephant teeth can weight as much as 9 pounds a tooth.
♦ Owls are the only bird that can rotate it’s head to 270 degrees.
8. What Are They? (Answers Below)*
A. If we say “mummy” they come together and go apart when we say “daddy.”
B. What goes up and never comes down?
C. Patches over patches but no stiches.
D. What is it that we cannot see, but is always before you.
E. What goes up and down a hill, but never moves?
F. You can never wet it.
G. What belongs to you, but is used by other’s more often than you do?
9. In 24 hours the average person’s body does what?
♦ The heart beats 1,03,689 times.
♦ The lungs respire 23,045 times.
♦ Blood flows 16,000 miles.
♦ Nails grow 0.00007 inches.
♦ Hair grows 0.01715 inches.
♦ Takes on 2.9 pounds of water (including all liquids.)
♦ Takes on 3.25 pounds of food.
♦ Breathes 438 cubic feet of air.
♦ Loses 85.60 of body temperature.
♦ Produces 1.43 pints of sweat.
♦ Speaks 4,800 words.
♦ During sleep moves 25.4 times
* “What Are They?” Answers:
G. Your name