Monday, September 12

Eonvrye Taht Can Raed Tihs Rsaie Yuor Hnad

I have gotten this in emails, and even wrote a short blog on it myself once. Shame on me because I didn’t do my so important research or I would of never bought into this in the first place. Time to put an end to it’s ill-fated history and just have fun with it.

ATT00008(2)

Eonvrye taht can raed tihs rsaie yuor hnad.

Isn't it interesing that only boys have their hands up? (Not my quote.)

Only a certain kind of mind can read this but I refuse to believe that only men can do it because I have no problem! I think “word scrambling” is fun and somewhat revealing but what is different about the girl’s versus the boys reading this?
It’s amazing what the mind can do and the zillions of things it does for us everyday without a glitch is fantastic! However, I don’t feel that male and female minds differ at all. Not the hard-wiring anyway and my doctor would back me up on that. Tee hee!

When it comes down to it our brains are wired just like an electronic circuit, there’s no difference except they are an organ and send chemical signals. Those chemical signals still run along pathways in the brain just like current through a circuit in a computer but that is where the resemblance ends. No computer could ever replace our hard working brains.
  
Oddly enough after seeing the black and white photo above in an email talking about “word scrambling” and then no reference as to why the girl’s didn’t have their hands up also gave me the clue I needed to de-bunk this whole Cambridge word scrambling thing.

Photobucket

It isn’t true. I’m not the only person who believes this isn’t true that I found. Cambridge University never did a study on word scrambling and the black and white picture with the kids was thrown in as good measure whether it was explained or not. I could not find this picture with any studies on word scrambling and I would bet a “man” wrote this information into Wikipedia in the first place. Tee hee!

This next statement was also untrue or I failed at finding it, but there is no studies done at Cambridge University that bore this information out:

If you can raeid tihs elaisy, you do hvae a secapil mnid for srue. Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.  What kind of special? Are you kidding me? Lol!

Then the statement that always shows up on sites, blogs that claim this was a real study:
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Before I put this to rest FOR GOOD (I will never blog on it again) the real reason you can read the word scrambling is because by putting the right letters at the beginning and end of each word you are stimulating what you learned already in life. It’s called “how to read.”

In grade school you are taught how to read and how to use those words properly. (English class.) After learning this your brain can remember whole words and more by then so if you can identify the word by a few letters and where it’s being used it’s a snap. Remember I said the brain was an incredible circuit. Ta da! You can read word scrambling. 
I’d like to get some response on this so if you could leave a comment telling me whether you can or can’t read the word scrambling and what sex you are that would be awesome. I’ll print the results out later for you if I get enough data.
I did find a great thing that was true about reading the word scrambling. It’s the same truth about being able to see certain optical illusions. If you can do it, it’s a good indicator that you won’t get Alzheimer’s later in life.

While I’m talking about incorrect facts…. all of you bloggers and people doing research online. I have a pet peeve and it’s with Wikipedia. I don’t use it personally. There have been one too many times where I have found the wrong information or at the least incorrect facts. Yes, some people might like a place where they can correct or add to information that other people are relying on. But when I look something up I want the facts from the horses mouth. I want the real goods and Wikipedia just isn’t it.

I’m just saying, if you want to be taken seriously in your writing you should do enough research so that you know what you’re talking about especially if it’s something new and be careful about adding facts or figures you’re not sure of. Have a lovely week and enjoy yourselves! 
 
Photobucket Keep On Bloggin’!

3 comments:

  1. Male. I "read" the whole scrambled paragraph very easily. BTW, Bekkie, you have a spelling error (or typo?) in the scrambled word "iprmoetnt" I think the "e" should be an "a" Don't ask me what spotting that as I read the paragraph tells us about what "reading" is and what brains are like compared to computers.
    Here's another one! What's Doctor FTSE's personal cell-phone number? I know you don't know, and you know you don't know! Your computer would need to search it's list of stored phone numbers and eventually return "Doctor FTSE not found" I don't think that's what your brain was doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can read the whole paragraph too and I am a female :) I can read upside down too, but that is only because I used to read stories to kids at work and found it easier for everyone to hold the book so the kids could see the books and me to read the book looking down at the book, therefore the writing was upside down. It used to amaze and amuse some people, it was just something I found I could do with no problem! I am not so good at it these days though....brain slowing down??? lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, my editor has a great spell checker but I copied and pasted that part. I don't think they make spell checkers for work scrambling but they do have "word scramblers" you can find and use for this nonsense online. Thanks for your inputs on this, it just proves what I thought. It's nonsense to play around with and no more. Men and woman can read it just fine. Poppy I think it's great that you could read upside down! How neat! I'll have to try that. Doc that's a great point! I always knew you had a "big brain". Maybe that's what my brain was doing and that's the problem! Lmao! Thanks for the reading and the giggles I needed that today! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I hope you like the geekiness and topics that I write about in Wonderland. This is an older blog so I don't write very often anymore, however, the posts from the past are still enjoyable and I wrote on a plethora of subjects so give my Wonderland a try you may like it. Big hug!

BTW I have Comment Moderation turned on for the rude ones who have to leave fake comments with poorly hidden links in them. You ruin it for everyone but you already know that.