Wednesday, June 15

How About Some Music?

I have been to more than a few BlogSpot's and other websites where people openly wish they had music for their sites. Well how about today?
 
Photobucket
 
The music player I use and recommend is from Playlist.com. Go there now and create your “free” account. (This is also listed under my “Web Wonders” tab here.)

I like this player and I have been using it off and on for over 10 years on many different sites. It is easy to customize, is easy to use and has a lot of great music to use on it. You can even personalize it by putting an image (jpeg) on it to match your site.

First things first. Pick a playlist (which is a list of music you will collect) to play on your site. Playlist makes it easy just do searches to find what you like and add each song to your list.

Once and awhile you will find a song with a commercial on it (after all it is a freebie site) and if it happens don’t sweat it. Most of the time there is more than one copy of the song listed just try another one. If you have to dump the offending song do so, but this doesn’t happen very often. I just wanted to make sure you understood this in case you were thinking someone hacked or messed with your account. They are just trying to pay the bills.

When you are done I suggest putting the player anywhere but in a blog so you can get to it when needed to mute it or change your music. One perk of using this site is any new changes you wish to make once yours is embedded on your site is easy. Just go the site, log in, make your changes and when you go back to your website your player should reflect those changes. No embedding the player again.

There are two ways to install this on BlogSpot. Under “add a gadget” do a search for playlist.com and use that box or just use the embed code and use the “configure html java script” embed box under, “add a gadget.”

That should just about do it but if you have any questions feel free to comment and I’ll help you out. Now, how about that music?
 
 Photobucket Keep On Bloggin’!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Bekkie ... "playlist.com" does not work in Canada, so for the music buffs in to the North of you ... "mixpod.com" would work just as well ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Cat, I thought only some countries like China didn't allow it's use but I wasn't aware about Canada. So if you live in Canada listen to Cat and use Mixpod.com. Luv you too Cat enjoy your week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Once again, what a fantastic entry... you r.o.c.k.!!! Yes... music certainly adds to a person's page/space.
    What a thorough job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI If you had any problems, Playlist.com if you have a player on your website, is now back to normal and will play when your page opens. Enjoy! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I hope you like the geekiness and topics that I write about in Wonderland. Let me know by leaving me a comment so I write more. Thank you for coming!