Tuesday, May 10

Improving Your Blog One Gadget At A Time

Blogger Gadgets And Widgets

A Gadget is a portable chunk of code that can be installed and executed within any separate HTML-based web page by an end user (people using the gadget) without requiring additional compilation. They are derived from the idea of code reuse. Other terms used to describe Gadget include: widget, badge, module, webjit, capsule, snippet, mini, application, flake and more. Gadgets usually but not always use HTML, DHTML, JavaScript, or Adobe Flash.PhotobucketEnd users primarily use widgets to enhance our personal web experiences, or the web experiences of visitors to our personal sites.PhotobucketThe use of widgets has proven extremely popular, where users of social media are able to add stand-alone applications to blogs, profiles and community pages for free. Widgets add utility in the same way that an Android smart phone uses applications.PhotobucketThe developers of these widgets often offer them for free which gives them a form of sponsored content, which can pay for the cost of the development when the widget's utility maps to the user's needs in a way where both parties gain.PhotobucketBlogger can use gadgets from all kinds of websites not just what is listed on BloggerGadgets which is the beauty of using these ‘portable chunks of code’. Because the coding is all very similar I have hardly found any gadgets from other websites that I haven’t been able to ‘tweak’ or use out right on my BlogSpot. (By tweaking I mean changing the code a bit so it does work.) To have a good website (BlogSpot) you must have some interesting gadgets (eye candy) along with gadgets that outline what your site is about. If you are just starting out even if it isn’t on Blogger (all the sites take very similar code) I’d suggest first of all that you consider what kind of site you will be happy with and go for it.PhotobucketThis is for new comers or if you’re looking for new ideas for Blogger or a blogging site. One Gadget At A Time  is the site to read. It explains everything you need to know and once you read it the most work you’ll have to do is finding all the awesome gadgets you’ll want to put on your site or in your blogs! You are not limited to using these gadgets or apps. You can use just about any of them as long as the ‘embed code’ works. Do a search on the web for gadgets and you will be dizzy with the content that is available for free.PhotobucketI wrote one blog about using gadgets already and if you didn’t read it you may want to look it over. Gadgets From aBowman. It’s just another website offering gadgets and such but with so many ‘free’ choices to make there’s a big difference between some gadgets and others. Compare them and see what I mean.   PhotobucketThe best place to find the coolest gadgets (and some you can put you and or your friends into) are the one’s I have found through the years.  Web Wonders on my site has been 20 years in the making and I have made sure the websites are still up and operating because I still use them myself. I have tried every website on the list and every one of them had something I have used (or still do use) even now. The embed codes worked and wait until you see how some of these look on your site.PhotobucketYou have a BlogSpot and why should you have to deal with gadgets? Because gadgets aren't only for ‘digital pet animals’ or ‘horoscopes’ anymore. The most important gadgets are the one’s that tell you who’s following (reading) you, how many people visit your website, what kind of comments you get, the friendships you make and how you make your BlogSpot awesome! When someone leaves my website I want them to take something with them. An enjoyable experience and hopefully a good read. What more could one hope for?PhotobucketI hope this helps you improve your BlogSpot or website by giving you some of my ideas and knowledge. I hope it inspires you to blog your heart out. Maybe you will learn something to make your website ‘pop’. Try some gadgets and see how they can help get your point across. To be successful you must attract readers and your blogs are only as good as your last one. Photobucket“If we could only pull out our brains and use only our eyes.” Pablo Picasso

Photobucket

Keep On Bloggin’!

3 comments:

  1. So cool.... you capture my interest with all your wisdom that you share with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo, are you ready for the weekend? I hope you are. I hope that you are enjoying some great bright, sunny and warm weather as well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting my friend Marguerite in the oakland hills again. She has another house guest & us ladies are tearing up the city! I'm going to be here 4 more days. Today it's sunny out &we r sitting on the deck in the sun. My typing sucks on this apple pad so ignore the mistakes.lol!
    I hope your weekend is great too Seth! U r so kind about my blogs, what a sweetie u r!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you like the geekiness and topics that I write about in Wonderland. Let me know by leaving me a comment so I write more. Thank you for coming!