Tuesday, April 19

Why Am I Not In Court?

Shit happens and when it does I just have to roll with the punches and hang on a little tighter. Things usually go as well as can be expected in this crazy Wonderland like world of mine. This is my one ride on the merry-go-round. I have to cling to the dizzying surface of our spinning blue ball just like everybody else.

Photobucket

Still, when my X dragged me back into court it couldn’t have been at a worse time. Today was day one out of two in Dept.18 at Family Law, April 19th, 9:00am. I was terrified but calm. Ready to break down when they called on me.

I have spent the last 6 days living and eating (practically) at my lawyers office getting ready for today. I kid you not, there is reasoning behind this insanity that remains to be seen.

Yesterday we were working like demons getting ready for today. (It takes a lot of work to do a trial!) We needed to be ready in the morning and it was already 4pm. Just as I thought we would all suffocate in paperwork the phone rang.

As one of the lawyers took the call everyone started gathering around the front desk one by one. I was dying to know what was up. He gets off the phone and gives us all a long look I couldn’t read. He says; "You are not going to believe this." As he does this a big smile spreads across his face. “That was the judge’s secretary, court is off until June or July. The judge had a personal emergency and can't be in court tomorrow.” We couldn't believe it!

I felt like someone had taken my stomach on the roller coaster at Great America without my brain. This hardly EVER happens. I was all ready for court tomorrow damn it! 

So court was postponed. Was I lucky or would this make things worse when court resumes? To be truthful about today I’m just home doing NOTHING. I will be ready for the next date. At least I slept good last night with no worries about this world.

PS Thanx for the pouring out of love and good wishes, I call you all My Guardian Angels.

Photobucket Keep On Bloggin’!

4 comments:

  1. I'm one for getting things over and done with... The opposite to you I hate delays with everything up in the air... Good luck with the next court date, I feel sure things with go in your favour so don't dread it to much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I hate delays too LJ but this case has been delayed for a year already! The 'other side' has also changed court dates and it's hard to schedual back in because the courts are very busy. This case is very complicated! Both sides were happy to hear the news so we all have a little more time to tune our cases up. I think it sucks too Brian...half of it would of been over with by now. Such is life there's nothing I can do. Thanx for caring! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nuts!! ::Seth shakes his head:: That’s the legal system for you. They must have their own definition of ‘speedy’ trials and court dates. Oh well, I guess life can almost be summed up in two words – wait & hope! Chin up…you are going to do just fine. Try not too focus on the next court date too much that you miss out on today or even tomorrow. There’s a saying – “Worrying is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere.”

    ReplyDelete

I hope you like the geekiness and topics that I write about in Wonderland. Let me know by leaving me a comment so I write more. Thank you for coming!