Thursday, April 28

Art From Smart Phones

As I was browsing the ‘free’ applications for my Android smart phone I came upon an application called Photo Lab. After downloading it I was pleasantly surprised at some of the fun things I could make with photos.

It has a lot of special effects that were easy to use and fun. I started playing with it yesterday, and made the images you see here. Ever since I got my smart phone I have been interested in what I could do on it that was artistic. Here’s a few examples:

Photobucket

These pictures are a decent size to use and when you start to work on an image you can choose from a few different sizes. (I made these smaller to fit my blog dimensions.) These could be wallpaper for your computer screen.

Photobucket

Isn’t this fun? The original image is flat and boring. This Is a much better wallpaper to use now.

Photobucket

This wouldn’t be the image I’d choose for this effect next time but I still like it. (It is Alice!) I know that for seasoned Photoshop users this is simple stuff. When done on a cell phone however it takes on a different experience.

Photobucket

I really like this ‘underwater’ effect. It’s perfect for pictures that have a lot of straight lines in them.

Photobucket

When running this app or any other image processor have your Wi-fi on. The program will run faster. Photo Lab will run without it but not efficiently.

Photobucket

I cut this dandelion off as I said I’m still learning. I like the way this turned out. That’s the beauty of these smart phones and the internet, being able to do stuff like this on my cell.

Photobucket

Normally these would have water marks on them but before you save one to your phone there’s an option to remove them. To me that makes all the difference! I hate water marks on my images unless I have to protect something special.

Photobucket

Alice made out of Alice’s. Tee hee!

Photobucket

You can get Photo Lab by going to Google Play and and downloading it. There is a free version to try and if you like it you can get the Pro version like I got.  You are now set up, go forth and create!

Photobucket

Here’s looking at your new work.

Photobucket

Some of these may look simple but they are my first attempts goofing around with this application.

Photobucket

Just because a program is free doesn’t mean you ‘need’ to buy it. Since owning my smart phone I am still using freebies and have only bought a few programs. I always try the free one first.

Photobucket

That is Alice In Wonderland.

Photobucket

These examples are only the tip of the iceberg. There are many applications for smart phones to use with your camera or uploaded pictures. I have tried some of them and they are all different. You might find similar effects on these programs but they are free to try and fun to use. With a few of these apps you will soon be making art from smart phones yourself. Have fun with it.

 photo headbangsoncomputer_t_01.gifKeep On Bloggin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you like the geekiness and topics that I write about in Wonderland. This is an older blog so I don't write very often anymore, however, the posts from the past are still enjoyable and I wrote on a plethora of subjects so give my Wonderland a try you may like it. Big hug!

BTW I have Comment Moderation turned on for the rude ones who have to leave fake comments with poorly hidden links in them. You ruin it for everyone but you already know that.