Monday, March 21

Blog The Easy Way With Windows Live Writer

Windows Live Writer is one of the best blogging composer applications you can use for free online composing no matter who you use to blog with.

Divider

Not only is it very adaptable but once you set it up to use it with your blogging account (in this case Blogger) it even shows you your own blogging theme. This is important because while writing your blogs you will see exactly what it will look like when you publish it to your blogging site and will allow for you to publish to your blogging site by pushing one button.

Divider

I updated a blog I wrote I had originally written on my old Space on Handling Images With Windows Live Writer. Windows Live Writer has been updated and looks a little different but no worries because I re-worked the blog to reflect these changes. If you wish to read it follow the link above. 

Divider

First of all if you don’t have Windows Live Writer you will have to go download it and if you have it make sure it’s the most recent version. Here’s a link to get Windows Live Writer and it also has some info about this great application.

Divider

To put your Blogger account on Windows Live Writer, here’s how you do it. First, at the top of WLW go to Home. Then press Blog Account. You will see a button that says Blog Options, click on it. Under blog options this is where you put your new blogging account info into it. The one you want to add to it. When you have done this press the Update Account Information and once this is done you are ready to blog with your added account. More than one account can be added and used with Windows Live Writer at one time.

Divider

Next, under Blog Options you want to press Editing. Then press Update Theme so WLW can get your theme from your blog. If it wants to post a blank blog to your website first, let it do so. When it’s finished that blog won’t show up. Now your WLW should look just like your website does in the window. Remember that anytime you change your BlogSpot you should press that update button on WLW so your view is up to date.

Divider
 
Windows Live Writer has many other great options for blogging! At the bottom of the page you will see Edit, Preview and Source. Source is what you want to use to post or write in html and comes in very handy for other things.
 
Divider

Also you can add Plug Ins and use them when you want by pressing the Add Plug In button under Insert. There are many other great features on Windows Live Writer and I totally recommend using it if you are an avid blogger.

Divider
 
Once you get used to using it, you won’t be able to blog without it. It makes it easy to blog, has great spell checking, makes your blogs look awesome, lets you use many different Fonts, has many different options and you can use one button to Publish to your BlogSpot automatically. I urge you to try it out and see what I mean. Also being able to compose between regular writing and html is the best! I love using the Windows Live Writer couldn’t blog without it now.

Divider

If you need any help or more info just ask me under Comments and I’ll be glad to help you. Let me know how you like using it or if you do use it what do you think about it?
 
Divider

It’s a sunny Monday today and the weather is getting nice again. Things are getting ready for Spring and I can’t wait!

 PhotobucketKeep On Bloggin’!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing article. I’ve been reading contents on internet for quite long time but frankly speaking I never got something really interesting to read out similar to this one.And yes i have bookmarked your site www.blogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I used to be a technical writer but I appreciate your comment.Have you used WLW?

      Delete

I hope you like the geekiness and topics that I write about in Wonderland. This is an older blog so I don't write very often anymore, however, the posts from the past are still enjoyable and I wrote on a plethora of subjects so give my Wonderland a try you may like it. Big hug!

BTW I have Comment Moderation turned on for the rude ones who have to leave fake comments with poorly hidden links in them. You ruin it for everyone but you already know that.