Monday, January 31

More Fun With Optical Illusions-Skulls

Photobucket


Photobucket

An optical illusion (also called a visual illusion) is characterized by visually perceived images that differ from objective reality. The information gathered by the eye is processed in the brain to give a percept that does not tally with a physical measurement of the stimulus source.

Photobucket

There are three main types, literal optical illusions that create images that are different from the objects that make them, physiological ones that are the effects on the eyes and brain of excessive stimulation of a specific type (brightness, tilt, color, movement) and cognitive illusions where the eye and brain make unconscious inferences. They are also known as "mind games."

Photobucket

Not only are these cleverly drawn, they are beautiful in their own way.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Can you see all the skulls? There are more than one in the picture above.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The artists are so creative aren't they? I’m not sure which are my favorites because I like them all.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Poor Yorick he lost his head! Tee hee!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I really like the variety of these images. We are just looking at skulls but there are so many different kinds of them.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Even the skies get into the act with an astro skull. I think the skull in the picture below is made out of different kinds of containers.

Photobucket

Optical Illusions have always fascinated me. I have collected all kinds of them over the years. If you are interested I have been saving them on my Photobucket account. Take a gander if you want to, I am sharing them with the public and you can copy them if you wish the codes are up there.

 photo Rorschach.gif Keep On Bloggin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you like the geekiness and topics that I write about in Wonderland. This is an older blog so I don't write very often anymore, however, the posts from the past are still enjoyable and I wrote on a plethora of subjects so give my Wonderland a try you may like it. Big hug!

BTW I have Comment Moderation turned on for the rude ones who have to leave fake comments with poorly hidden links in them. You ruin it for everyone but you already know that.